VA Lt Governor Gives Illegal Funding to Non-Profits
by Lewis Loflin
Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling has violated Virginia law by porking out another $130,000 to a group of five useless non-profits. This took place at the so-called Heartwood regional artisan center in Abingdon. That $17 million pork-barrel project created four full time jobs and is designed to funnel subsidies to various "artists" to help them pursue their hobbies. The funds were diverted from needed healthcare and education. While Heartwood itself is a State agency, Virginia Law prohibits the transfer of tax dollars to non-profits. Because Heartwood has no business plan and is expected to lose money, the taxpayers of Abingdon and Washington County will be forced to subsidize it.
The recipients of the latest illegal funding from the Virginia Tourism Corporation were the Abingdon Convention and Visitors Bureau, The Crooked Road: Virginia's Heritage Music Trail, Friends of Southwest Virginia, Round the Mountain Artisan Network and the Depot Arts Association. None of these organizations has been able to present a shred of proof they produce anything for the people of Southwest Virginia. They exist it seems for the sole purpose of getting and spending government grants in my opinion.
Anytime they want to forward a list of jobs they created outside of their own circle of friends they know where to contact me. So far my requests for a list of those jobs has been refused. The only jobs and income in this is the grants themselves and those paid to market tourism. As for a living wage jobs for the general public, forget it. Ref. BHC September 21, 2011.
- Fundamentalism Another Look
- Ontario Canada: Racist convention shut down by The Guardian
- Christian Fundamentalism Exposed
- Christian Fundamentalism by Myss
- Liberal-Bane The Real Truth About Christian Fundamentalism by Paul Scates
- The Historical Roots of America's Christian Fundamentalism by Sunshine
- A Christian Boom
- What Now for Post Christian Deism?
- Deism Must Oppose Homosexual Tyranny
- Deism Versus Phony White Guilt Cult
- Deism Must Oppose Infanticide
- Rise of Deism from Reform Christianity
- Doom Of Deism?
- Links to Religious Topics
- Deist Examination of Islamic Trinity
- Mohammed the Man as Islamic Ideology
- Why Muslims Can't Build a Lightbulb
- Original Sin an Overview
- Gnosticism as Explained by Bishop N. T. Wright
- Deist Critique of the Gospel of Mark
- Religious Syncretism and Christianity
- Classical Deist' View of Religion and Its Application Today
- Taking a Closer Look at Gnosticism and Christianity
- Thoughts on Theistic Evolution and Deism by Lewis Loflin
- My Answer to a Secular Fundamentalist by Lewis Loflin
- Separation of Pseudo-Religion and State
- Environmentalism Religion or Political Philosophy?
- Leftist Failure in Seattle Schools
- Biblical Monotheism an Overview
- Jesus was not Zoroaster or Buddha
- Judaism Versus Zoroastrianism
- What are we to believe?
- The Devil
- Hellenism Meets Judaism
- Zoroastrianism Sources