Congratulations Kingsport Crime Down in 2013
On May 6, 2014 the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation released the 2013 Crimes in Tennessee Report. This annual report highlights reported crimes, arrests, and overall clearance rates of individual jurisdictions as well as the State of Tennessee as a whole. The 2013 analysis indicates that when it comes to crime and criminal investigations, the City of Kingsport is headed in a positive direction.
When comparing the 2013 data to that of the previous year, the Kingsport Police Department saw a 17.45 percent decrease in the more serious crimes known as Group A Offenses, which include some of the most violent crimes such as Murder, Rape, Aggravated Assault, and Robbery. There was also a 26.4% decrease in domestic violence incidents and a 27.96 percent decrease in simple assaults. The vast majority of property crimes, such as Arson, Burglary, Motor Vehicle Theft, and Vandalism, showed significant reductions as well.
Two additional improvements pertaining to violent crime are noteworthy. Regarding the crime of murder, there were zero incidents reported in the City of Kingsport during 2013 as opposed to a total of two in 2012. And, there was a 30.43% reduction in weapon law violations from 2012 to 2013.
Not only are less crimes being reported to the Kingsport Police Department, the department is also doing an even better job at solving these crimes. The Kingsport Police Department's 2013 overall clearance rate was 41.49% which is not only an improvement over K.P.D.'s 2012 clearance rate of 37.04% but also exceeds the 2013 State of Tennessee overall clearance rate of 39.92%.
One likely contributing factor in this recent crime downtrend is K.P.D.'s participation in the State of Tennessee's Targeted Community Crime Reduction (TCCR) Grant. This grant has funded hundreds of additional law enforcement man-hours strategically placed in the traditionally higher crime areas of the city. There can be little doubt that increased police visibility is a significant deterrent to criminal activity.
To view the 2013 Crimes in Tennessee Report, visit the following link:
- Regional Crime
- Two Kingsport Men Arrested for Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Drug Charges
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Meth Manufacturing in Backseat of Car
- Welfare Check for Three Children Yields Four Arrests for Meth
- Seatbelt Violation Leads to the Arrest of 14 People on Drug Charges
- Two Black Males Arrested for 2011 Kingsport Murder
- Missing License Plate Lands Stupid Man in Jail for Meth
- Two South Carolina Fugitives Rack Up Drug Charges in Kingsport
- Mother, Son, and Two Neighbors Busted for Drugs in Kingsport
- Three Arrested After Kingsport Police Stumble onto Drug Deal
- Kingsport Couple Arrested for Drugs at West Side Inn
- Congratulations Kingsport Crime Down in 2013
- Eleven Defendants Sentenced To Imprisonment For Bristol Crack Cocaine Conspiracy
- Holistic Doctor Sentenced on Drug Diversion Charges
- 68 People Face Counterfeit Check Charges
- Speeding violation leads to 2 arrests, drug and cash seizure
- Two Blacks Arrested at Public Housing for Gun-Drugs
- 43 People Arrested-Indicted for Drugs Spend Thanksgiving in Jail
- Mass Shooting in Bristol Tennessee Public Housing Leaves Five Dead
- Zero Tolerance Policies and African Americans in Tennessee Schools
- Permission to believe (in God) Dr Gerald Schroeder
- Where the Bible meets the Big Bang
- 25 Questions and answers for Creationism
- Introduction to the scientific method.
- The scientific method.
- How Alarmists undermine Science and Theology
- A Look at C.S. Lewis on Evolution
- Quotes from C.S. Lewis
- Evolution and the early church, and Islam
- Christian Orthodoxy On Creationism and Evolution
- A Handbook on the History of Modern Science
- Origins Of America-Bashing and Marxist Failure
- Socialist Roots of Modern Anti-Semitism
- The Chorus of Useful (Leftist) Idiots
- Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day: Standing Against Gay Fascism