Black Parolee Murders White Teenager: Where's the National Press?
Extract from story by Rick Orlov, 07/27/2009
A career criminal already in custody for drinking in public and carrying a cocaine pipe was charged Monday with beating a 17-year-old girl to death after police matched his fingerprints with those found in the car where her body was found.
Police say parolee Charlie Samuel, 50, abducted Lily Burk Friday afternoon in the Mid-Wilshire area and forced her to try to withdraw money from various ATMs before killing her in a downtown parking lot.
Samuel had abandoned the car, with Burk's body in the passenger seat, about a half-hour before his arrest by mounted officers patrolling Skid Row, where he was drinking beer, police said at a news conference Monday.
There were signs of a struggle in the black Volvo where Burk's body was found. Detectives said the girl had suffered head trauma.
After Samuel was booked on suspicion of murder, police said, he provided details that enabled authorities to piece together a basic chronology of events.
Burk left her family's Los Feliz home about 2 p.m. Friday to pick up some papers for her mother, Deborah Drooz, a law professor at Southwestern University School of Law in the Westlake area.
Samuel, who is 5-foot-9 and 195 pounds, abducted Burk about an hour later as she was about to get into her parked car near Wilshire Boulevard and Wilshire Place. Police said that no weapons were involved.
Shortly before 5 p.m. Friday, Samuel left the Volvo, with Burk's body inside, in a parking lot at 458 S. Alameda St. However, Burk's body was not found until 6:30 a.m. Saturday.
By that time, Burk's parents had reported her missing, and police had started looking for her and her car.
After her body was found, fingerprints collected from the Volvo linked Samuels to her killing. Already in custody, he was booked on suspicion of murder.
Samuel was in Los Angeles to complete a court- ordered program as a condition of his parole from an earlier conviction for theft, police said.
The Los Angeles Police Protective League issued a statement on its Web site saying the case was "an unfortunate and horribly tragic example of why the LAPPL has vehemently opposed the early release of prisoners and minimizing the seriousness of parole violations as a means of reducing the state budget deficit. We are more passionate than ever about this issue because of the tragedy of Lily Burk."
The police union said Samuel had been arrested on April 23 on a parole violation. Earlier, in February, he was released from state prison where he was serving time after an arrest for petty theft with a prior conviction.
"This is precisely the type of `low level' parolee the state no longer wants to take responsibility for," the police union said.
Extract from Lily Burk murder 'really hits home' LAPD says by Rick Orlov, Staff Writer 07/27/2009. While the lame stream press constantly agitates to have more prisoners like this released, these type stories seldom get national attention.
Update: Lily Burk's Killer Pleads Guilty, Avoids Death Sentence
By Christine Pelisek May 28 2010
An ex-con pleaded guilty this afternoon to the murder of Lily Burk, a 17-year-old Los Feliz girl who was kidnapped and later killed inside her car near downtown Los Angeles. Charlie Samuel, 50, avoided the death penalty by pleading to the July 24, 2009 slaying. He faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Samuel, a transient with a history of crimes, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder, kidnapping to commit robbery, second-degree robbery, attempted first-degree ATM robbery, carjacking and kidnapping for carjacking. He also admitted special circumstance allegations of murder during a carjacking, murder during a kidnapping and murder during a robbery...
Why is this animal being allowed to live?
Make all violent cross-racial crimes automatic hate crimes and impose maximum sentences including for juvenile offenders 15 and over. If the attack results in a death, mandatory death sentence. This is to be carried within 10 years or two appeals, which ever comes first. The sentence is be carried out on juveniles after their 18th birthday.
- Christina Eilman Rape Costs Chicago Police Millions
- 12-Year-Old Emily Haddock Murder
- Emily Haddock killers Get Plea Bargain
- 15-Year-Old White Girl Gang Raped at School
- Black "Teenager" Severely Beats Man Over Litter Comment
- Black Parolee Murders White Teenager: Where's the National Press?
- Black Couple Arrested for Stomping Elderly Man to Death
- Black Males Set Pregnant Woman on Fire
- Elderly White Texas Store Clerk Set On Fire by Black Male
- I Beat Up White Man Because I Am Mad About Trayvon Martin
- Anti-Semitism Evolves
- The End of American Jewry's Golden Era
- Oikophobia and Other Mental Disorders of Liberals
- St. Louis Black Youth Gunshot Death Rate Second Highest in U.S.
- The Left and Islam Apologetics
- How Government Exported Black Crime into Ferguson Missouri
- Crime Rates by Race in Missouri
- Violent Thug Becomes a Victim of Racism
- Government Sanctioned Racism at American Universities
- Facts on Black Crime in Connecticut
- Not Education, But Indoctrination in Chicago Schools
- Why the Racial Employment Gap Not Racism
- College Degree Hiring Gap Not About Race
- Liberal Racism, Failure in Seattle Public Schools
- Why Crime Rates Have Little to do with Poverty
- Eight Blacks Beat White Nearly to Death
- Pizza Delivery Man Executed by the New London Six
- Politically Incorrect Look 2005 Toledo Race Riots