Derick Kesse Murder Lands Three Black Males to Life in Prison
April 20, 2008 Police found Derick Y. Kesse, 19, dead at his Holston View Apartments residence. Kesse was apparently bound, assaulted and gagged during a robbery at his apartment, then left "in distress" and later pronounced dead. He died of asphyxiation when three young black men left him to die. Cash and probably drugs were taken from a safe in his apartment.
Keese had earlier run-ins with the law. According to the Kingsport Times-News,
...Kesse was arrested on drug possession charges during a traffic stop. He was a passenger in a Dodge Durango that vice officers had stopped for speeding on Lynn Garden Drive. He was searched after one officer spotted some clear plastic sticking out of the front of his pants, according to an affidavit. Police reportedly found crack cocaine, marijuana, Lortabs and a large amount of cash -- all stuffed down his pants.
He was arrested on charges of possession of over one-half gram of crack cocaine for resale and possession of over one-half gram of powder cocaine for resale, both within 1,000 feet of Jackson School, as well as charges of simple possession of marijuana and Lortabs.
Those charged in the murder were Ashton J. Philip, 19, Aldean K. Bowman, 19, both of Kingsport, and Patrick Devin Camp, 18, of Gate City, VA. According to press reports, "At least one witness said she'd seen three men enter Kesse's apartment with him and then leave without Kesse as his girlfriend arrived. The three suspects were later identified as Philip, Bowman and Camp."
The Trio would later take a plea bargain. According to the Times-News June 5th, 2009 they will spend 40 years in prison. They pleaded guilty to 2nd degree murder. To quote, "Philip, Bowman and Camp pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder and one count apiece of especially aggravated robbery and especially aggravated kidnapping." They will have to serve their full sentence.
But by January 2011 one of the thugs is back in court again trying to get he plea bargain overturned. Patrick Camp claims his former attorney "coerced him into signing the plea agreement" and "rendered his client ineffective assistance of counsel in advising him to accept the state's preferred plea bargain."
Sullivan County Deputy District Attorney Barry Staubus claimed everything was proper. Camp knows what he did and to quote, "if the pleas are overturned and Camp is eventually convicted of premeditated and felony first degree murder and the robbery and kidnapping charges, he faces a minimum of 52 years up to life in prison on the murder charge, plus 30 to 50 years more if sentenced consecutively on the latter two charges."
Perhaps that's what he really needs. Posted July 2011.
- Crime both violent and stupid:
- Drug Arrests Explode Across Kingsport-Bristol
- Black Male Abducts Three Children and other Crimes 2011
- Annie Smith Murder has Public Housing Residents Living in Fear
- Oadis White Serial Murders in Bristol Leaves many Question Unanswered
- Black Gang Executes Two Men in Candle Shop in Kingsport
- Derick Kesse Murder Lands Three Black Males to Life in Prison
- Man Caught with His Pants Down During Robbery
- 911 Call for a Cheeseburger Lends Two Drunk Idiots in Jail
- Black Felon Accused of Emptying Gun into Crowded Park
- Why Suspending Criminal Blacks from School is Not Racism
- Bristol police tracking gangs, gang members traced to Hispanics/Blacks
- Bristol, Va., gang-related beatings, robbery, arson
- Color of Crime in Bristol VA/TN Crime Report January 2010
- Immigration Plague
- Hispanic Welfare Class Won't Vote Republican
- Class Warfare - American People Versus Ruling Elite
- For Sale - Buying American Immigration Policy
- Illegal Immigration Plagues East Tennessee
- Texas - Elsewhere - Immigrants Take Most New Jobs
- Illegal Aliens take jobs from Blacks in Alabama
- Hard Look at Jewish Religious Leftism
- Jewish Success in America
- Exposing 'Non-Jewish Jews'
- Odyssey of Self-Hating Jews (and Gentiles)